- The Business of Being Born. 2007. RickiLake and Abby Epstein.
- Birth As We Know It. 2006. Elena Tonetti-Vladimirova. The Sentient Circle. (Clip here)
- Amnesty International. March 2010. Deadly Delivery: The Maternal Health Care Crisis in the USA.
- Childbirth Connection. February 2, 2010. Cesarean Section: Why Does the National U.S. Cesarean Section Rate Keep Going Up?
- Public Citizen. Cesarean Sections Are Overused in New York, Giving the State One of Highest C-Section Rates in the Country. 21 April 2010 :
- Beck, Cheryl T. 2004. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Due to Childbirth: The Aftermath. Nursing Research 53 (4): 216-224
- Block, Jennifer. 2007. Pushed, the painful truth about childbirth and modern maternity care. Cambridge, MA.: De Capo Press.
- Davis-Floyd, Robbie, Lesley Barclay, Betty-Anne Daviss, and Jan Tritten. 2009. Birth Models That Work. Los Angeles: University of California Press.
- Strong, Thomas H., Jr., M.D. 2000. Expecting Trouble: The Myth of Prenatal Care inAmerica.New York.New York: University Press.
- Turkel, Kathleen Doherty. 1995. Women, Power, and Childbirth: A Case Study of a Free-StandingBirthCenter. Westport: Bergin & Garvey. GreenwoodeBooks. 20 May 2009:
- Wertz, Richard W. and Dorothy. 1989. Lying-In, A History of Childbirth in America.New Haven:YaleUniversity Press.
- Associated Press. C-section rates around globe at ‘epidemic’ levels. 12 January 2010.
- BBC. 2009. US scandal of women dying in childbirth. 26 October 2009.
- Palm Beach Post. 2008. Rise in C-sections stirs health worry.
- Nall, Jeffrey. 2009. “The Feminism of Birth.” In Beyond Burning Bras.
- Nall, Jeffrey, 2013. “Mother Beware: Perilous Scholarly and News Media Discourse around Homebirth.” The International Journal of Communication and Health.” Fall 2013, Vol 1, no 2.
- Johnson, Kenneth C, Betty-Anne Daviss. 2005. Outcomes of planned home births with certified professional midwives: large prospective study in North America. BMJ 2005
- CNN Health. 2011. Home births at highest level since 1990. May 20.
- Elton, Catherine. 2010. “American Women: Birthing Babies at Home.” Time, September 4. Curtis, Beth Leianne. Believe in Birth
- Curtis, Beth Leianne. 2008. “Believe In Birth: Reflections of a home birth midwife; Green Birthing: The Triple Bottom Line.” Natural Life, July/August.